Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Plein-Air Sale Spotlight

"West Fork of the Madison 2"  10" X 12"  Oil on Canvas Panel

This was the second painting I completed on a smoky/hazy day on the Madison River, here in Montana. The first was a 9"X12" down by the riverbank, the further I got away from the river the hazier it became. The only panel I had left was a 10"X12" and still looking up the river the haze was starting to clear up due to light wind. I was able to see more color in the Dogwood and Willows. While out in the field I look for different compositions than what I would compose in the studio. I don't sale many of my plein-air work due to the fact that I use them for reference for my studio work and they hold too many unique memories that I like to revisit on occasion.  
Again, I appreciate all the positive and enthusiastic support for this sale!
To view more from my Plein-Air Sale Visit: www.dennisboydfineart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment